The Business Studies Faculty encompasses Economics, Accounting and Business Studies and offers courses in Key Stages 4 and 5. At KS4, students study GCSE Business Studies. At KS5, we offer traditional academic A' level courses in Accounting, Economics and Business Studies. Students also have the choice to study a vocational course - BTEC Business, which is offered as both a double and a single award qualification.
The department boasts of a highly motivated team of teachers with vast teaching and industrial experience as well as excellent results at both GCSE and A' level.
Programme of Study
Business Buddy Online contains revision and examination advice and guidance; business news (UK, world and political - updated automatically so it's never out-of-date); a range of other revision sites (including revision notes, games and quizzes); and, every past examination paper question (by date, by unit and by topic).
A Level Business
A Level Economics
A Level Accounts
More information regarding our programme of study for Business Studies, Economics and Accounting can be seen by clicking here.
Business students at Claremont High School Academy are given the opportunity to take part in a wide variety of extra-curricular activities. These include:
- HSBC Young Enterprise Company Programme
- The Coca Cola Challenge – ‘The Real Business Challenge’
- Global Entrepreneurship Week
- Make Your Mark Challenge
- ICAEW BASE Competition
- Target 2.0 competition sponsored by The Times and The Bank of England
- Student Investor Competition
- Royal Economics Society annual Essay competition
- Attending local and national conferences
- Educational trips (e.g. Cadbury World)
- Work experience
- Access to The Economist, The Economic Review and The Business Review subscriptions